Communicating with your School

Communicating with your School

Contacting Teachers

All of our teachers can be reached by email using their district email addresses, using the format   Visit our Staff page to see a list of all of our staff and their email addresses.

Checking Marks

ATSS teachers use an online marks program called checkmyprogress to allow students and parents to access the most recent information on students class acheivement and progress.

To see up to date information on student progress and achievement, visit or contact the course teacher directly. Students and parents need the following information:

  • Last Name 
  • Password – randomly generated by checkmyprogess. The password is given to all students, and is also available  from classroom teachers or Ms. Leader (

Resolving Issues

Start with the concern.

Start with the person whose action has given rise to the concerns or problem. This is the person who can best address your concern.

Make an Appointment.

This ensures concerns can be heard without distractions. Everyone should be informed, in advance, of who will attend a meeting.

Be Specific.

Communicate clearly about the concern. Making notes may help clarify your thoughts. Keep focused on what is best for the student. Both parents and staff are interested in the child’s success.

Be Respectful.

Stay calm and be polite. Listen to everyone. Try to see the issue from the other person’s perspective. Be prepared to explore various solutions. Confidentiality is important.

Be Patient.

Give the process a chance to address the concern at each step before proceeding to the next step. Keep a record of actions taken.

Be Transparent.

Confirm that everyone understands the decision reached and any timeline involved. 

Talk to the Principal / Vice-Principal.

If you need further assistance with your concern, your school’s principal/vice-principal is there to help.

Contact the Assistant Superintendent.

If you feel your concerns are not resolved, contact an Assistant Superintendent at 604.859.4891.

Write to the Board of Education.

If a decision of a District administrator significantly affects the education, health or safety of a student, the students and/or parent may appeal in writing to the Board of Education.